GOMA, Congo -- At least 200 people were killed earlier this week when a landslide collapsed several mines at a major coltan mining site in eastern Congo, rebel authorities said Saturday.
(Corrects first name of spokesperson in paragraph 1) Jan 30 (Reuters) - More than 200 people were killed this week in a collapse at the Rubaya coltan mine in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, ...
The mine gave way after heavy rains on Wednesday, a local rebel spokesman says.
The government blames rebels, but such accidents are sadly common ...
The Rubaya mine collapse in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has killed more than 200 people, including miners, children, and market women ...
Emergency teams were quickly deployed to the site following the incident. A large number of rescuers and relevant government agencies are currently ...
A landslide last week collapsed tunnels at a major coltan mining site in eastern Congo, leaving at least 200 people dead.
Tragedy struck the mineral-rich hills of eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo this week, as a sudden collapse at the Rubaya coltan mine claimed the lives of more than 200 people, local officials ...
In mineral-rich Rubaya, source of most of the world’s coltan, miners suffer poverty and dangerous working conditions.
Australian mining giant BHP will face trial before a British court from April next year to determine how much it must pay in ...
Al Jazeera on MSN
More than 200 killed in mine collapse in eastern DR Congo: Report
Rights groups have raised concerns over conditions at the mine, which supplies about 15 percent of the world’s coltan.
Results that may be inaccessible to you are currently showing.
Hide inaccessible results